Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mommy-Son Outing


Noah was a little bothered by the term "date" so instead he wanted to call it a Mommy-Son outing! He sure is growing up fast. A few weeks ago when I was at the local library, I saw a sign saying that any child over six who reads ten books could get two free tickets to a play at BYU. Since Noah had just finished reading his 300th book (he started counting last summer), I snagged tickets. Thursday, we went and saw the "Mysteries of Monster Grove". The play was based on stories by Rick Walton, who taught a children's writing class I attended several years ago at BYU. It was a cute little play and Noah and I had a GREAT time. He seemed to really enjoy the play. He laughed a lot. What a great sound.

Afterwards, I told him I would take him to get an ice cream cone, but ever the frugalist, he decided that if I were going to spend money on him, well why not get a toy instead? So, we headed over to the Dollar store where Noah picked out some bungee cords. I pointed them out, thinking he may have a fun time building with them. He is really into building things nowadays and I have been saving up all kinds of cereal boxes and stuff for him to build with. I'm so glad we got to have a fun night out. It's just so refreshing to have alone time with each of my kids.

3 comments:

lynn said...

What a fun date (excuse me: OUTING) with Noah. Isn't the one on one time wonderful?

Our cute kids said...

I find that so amusing that Noah was thinking how he could optimize the money being spent. That reminds me of someone............
What a fun time! Don't you just love being a Mom!

me said...

Nothing more wonderful than the one on ones!