Sunday, June 6, 2010
Brad's Birthday
Brad's birthday was pretty much the best day ever. My darling friend, Abbie came to babysit for us so we could go on a date. Even though we've lived in Utah for over ten years, we have never been up to Sundance. We decided it was high time we go and check it out. As soon as we arrived and started walking around, I was having feelings of regret that Sundance was so close and yet we'd never come before. I was also feeling supremely relaxed and grateful that we had finally come. Oh it was so pretty! I felt like I was in a different world.
We rode the chair lifts up the mountain. Brad teased me because I wanted to pull the bar down to hold onto. Apparently, almost no one uses the bar, but I didn't care- it was a little nerve wracking for me, since I'd never been on a ski lift before. And yeah, I'm totally a roller coaster girl- I love the thrill- but only when I'm buckled in tight! The view was amazing, but I had no idea I would be so far off the ground.

We got off the lift at the top of the mountain and took our delicious Cafe Rio lunch (which was completely free because of the frequent customer card thingy-which was filled up by our parents when they come to visit) and had a picnic on a hiking trail. It was so beautiful. I honestly could have easily stayed all day in this beautiful woodland paradise. It reminded me a lot of my Grandpa's forest up in Washington state. Soooo beautiful.
The ski lift ride back down was much more enjoyable. I wasn't quite so nervous, so I could look around and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. It was a PERFECT date! I'm glad that Brad and I could have such a lovely time on his birthday.

Later that day, we celebrated with the children and had Chinese Chicken Salad and strawberries for dinner and finished off with an English Trifle for dessert. Yummy! I'm so glad we could celebrate with Brad- it was such a LOVELY day. I am so grateful for my sweet husband. Thanks for sharing your birthday joy with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a beautiful place!! We've never been there either. Happy Birthday Brad!!!
It does look like a beautiful place to visit.
Post a Comment