Saturday, June 26, 2010

Date Night: Soccer REAL

When Ian called on Friday morning asking if we wanted to use some extra tickets to see Major League Soccer, I was a little hesitant. I would have to get a babysitter, which since my regular babysitter is out of town, felt like a huge hurdle. Then he told me where the stadium was. Oh boy. It was right about where our accident occurred on Tuesday. Honestly, I didn't even want to get in the car again or leave my kids. What if we got in another accident? But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I needed to face my fears. We found a great babysitter and headed up that night. I was so glad we went. It was a lot of fun! Honestly, I could really get into this! I love soccer and love the fast pace. It's amazing to see the stamina of the players- sprinting almost constantly for two, forty five minute halfs. These guys are pro at passing- it's like a well executed dance.
We had great seats and it was just a lot of fun.

Probably the best part was hanging with my hubby, brother and sis-in-law and their adorable angel baby Kai. (Oh wait, best part was being without my own kids, so I guess that's second best) It was fun sitting next to Ian and listening to his commentary. He explained a few rules to me that I had been unsure about for years. I mean, sure I was a soccer star when I was ten, but I'm not sure I understood all the rules, and then I never played again. (Okay, fine I wasn't a soccer star, I was just on a really amazing team that won city, really had nothing to do with me, but still . . .)

And thankfully, we survived another night. It was a blessing since I was still bracing myself for an accident, every time we were behind a big truck or semi or someone cut us off. But I think I am almost over the emotional trauma (or at least I hope). And feeling more grateful every day for my life and my loved ones.

No comments: