Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Funny Stuff

I don't often laugh out loud. But over the past few days, a couple things happened that really made me laugh.

The first occurred on Saturday. Noah had just gotten home from a fun outing with his cousins and we were trying to get the family together for a family picture. I had asked him several times to get dressed and finally I laid out clothes for him and firmly told him it was time to get dressed. He started to stomp around in defeat, while grudgingly getting dressed, all the while complaining about everything under the sun. I was mostly tuning him out when I heard: "And I don't even like the clothes you picked for me. I look like a JERK!"

Oh how that made me laugh! It reminded me of someone from the early nineteen twenties. So funny!

What do you think? Does he look like a jerk?

The second thing happened yesterday. Amalie was sitting up on the kitchen counter while I was putting together an enchilada casserole. I had a can of olives on the counter, which she was begging me to open. She loves olives and every time I open them, I put one on each of her fingers (one hand only) . Finally I opened the olives, and Amalie said "Look at that juice!" pointing to the dark brown juice surrounding the olives.

"You want some?" I asked.

"Sure," she said.

I gave her a cup filled with about two or three ounces and watched to see what she would do. She started drinking and then tipped her head way back and chugged the whole thing down! It was hilarious!

"Did you like it?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

"Yes!" she exclaimed. "But I don't want anymore."

I turned back to the sink, to drain the olives, laughing all the way! That girl is just so funny about food!

Sometimes, yes, sometimes, being a parent is really, really good!

2 comments:

the mom~ said...

LOL...he most certainly does NOT look like a jerk ;)

Danica said...

I love those laughing out loud moments with my kids. You're so cute and I love all your posts, even if I don't comment. :)