Monday, November 30, 2009

More funny stuff

For lunch today, Amalie had a special request: A ham, cheese and ketchup sandwich. Well, okay! So I gave it to her and she ate it while I prepared my own lunch. I was cutting a lime in half, and she begged me to put it on her sandwich. So I squeezed it on top of her ham, cheese and ketchup sandwich and she ate it all up! She cracks me up! Later, we were making these delicious Black Forest Brownies that have chopped maraschino cherries inside. I opened the jar of cherries and poured the red juice in her cup.
"Here, Amalie, try this," I said.
"No!" she said.
Last week, she wanted olive juice and now she was refusing maraschino cherry juice? It was a beautiful red color and looked like Fruit punch!
So I said, "You don't have to try it, but I think you'll like it."
"Okay, I'll try it," she said. And of course, she loved it! I guess it just didn't look weird enough to try!

A few weeks ago my nephew, Derek was over. I was sitting on the couch holding Gabriel, who was wearing a terry cloth sleeper.
"Do you want to see the baby, Derek?" I asked.
He came over and said "Why is he wearing a towel?"
I couldn't answer because I was laughing so hard. Yeah, I thought, Why is he wearing a towel? Oh, those three year olds, they are just so darn cute!

3 comments:

the mom~ said...

LOL, cute!

The Ishiis said...

That is so funny that she wants to try such nasty sounding stuff!

me said...

Those Ishii kids say the darndest things don't they!