Sunday, November 1, 2009

Papa and Bubby come to visit

About a week ago, Papa and Bubby came to visit and meet baby Gabe for the first time. The morning they were to arrive, the children kept asking when they would get here. And so the countdown began! It went from five hours, to four and a half, to three, then two and a half, one, then a half hour . . .and luckily they came early! The kids were thrilled and practically bowled them over when they walked in the door.
We had a good time with them- it was really nice not to have to worry about dinners and such- they took care of dinner every night. It was fun getting out with the whole family since we don't have that luxury anymore. We went out to eat and went shopping at Toys R Us, took walks and the kids just played, played, played. Brad and I even got a date!
Every morning I slept in (Gabe was super hard each night- later he got a cold- so that was probably why) while Papa and Bubby entertained the kids. Thank goodness! I don't know how I would have gotten up with the kids at seven when Gabe wasn't falling asleep til 2 am!
The last night, Bubby made us the most delicious soup- it was so good that we ate it all up and I added it to my menu repertoire.
The kids were sad to say Goodbye. It was a nice visit and we were glad they could come.

1 comment:

me said...

So much beautiful scenery up there. From beautiful moutains to the vibrant colors of the changing leaves to that awesome green comforter. Every shot came out perfect.