Monday, August 3, 2009

A Sunday Walk

Two weeks ago, we had a really hard Sunday. I was sick with a cold, but planned on going to the first part of church, so I could at least take the Sacrament, but when it was time to go, both of our children were fast asleep. So I stayed home instead. I figured we would all go over when they woke up, but by the time that happened, there were only thirty minutes of church left. So,

1 Sick, Pregnant Mom + 2 Well-Rested Children = Aaaaagh!

Needless to say, that night Brad and I talked about what we could do to help our children enjoy the Sabbath and yet also get out some of their energy. We decided the next week we would take a Sunday walk.

We all got dolled up in our Sunday best and went down to the River Trail to some beautiful spots Brad had discovered while biking previously. We took family pictures and had a nice, leisurely walk. The day seemed to go slightly better, not as much as I had hoped, but I feel optimistic. The more I think about it, the more I realize that if I want our Sundays to be special days, I have to work hard and plan ahead! I'm not sure why this concept has taken me so many years to figure out, but I am glad I have finally discovered "the secret".

Noah's idea for our family pic- we all hold sticks! He is really into finding cool sticks lately

33 weeks pregnant

Brad and I LOVE this picture!

Noah beating all of us!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sundays can definitely be hard with kids sometimes. I definitely have days where I just feel like I'd rather stay home than deal with it all! I have to always plan everything the night before, because we have early church and Chris is not here to help then. When I find myself ready to give up, I have to remind myself how important is for my children to be there. I know that Satan's desire for them to not be there is tremendous and I can feel it trying to pull me down every week. How awesome our children are for him to pull against us so hard! It can be difficult to instill a love for the Sabbath in our kids. Kaitlin is always complaining that Sunday's are so boring! I am trying work on ways to make the day more fun for them too, but it is hard. Especially when all I want to do is finally take a nap because it's the one day I don't have to do laundry!

the mom~ said...

Ok, so who the pictures??? lol

Kate said...

That's the magic of the tripod!