Monday, August 10, 2009

I hope I never forget . . .

  • Noah talking to the baby in my tummy every morning and rubbing my belly.
  • The first time Noah felt the baby move and said "It feels like someone threw a fruit snack at me!"
  • The look on Amalie's face when she FINALLY felt the baby move- it was pure joy and excitement and you could tell it just clicked that there was actually something in there!
  • The kids blowing raspberries on my tummy to get the baby to move and the baby moving and responding to their touch and voices.
  • Amalie asking "Am I going to get spikies like Daddy when I'm older? - referring to Brad's stubbly beard.
  • Amalie asking later that day: Am I going to be spiky like you? -referring to my legs which I had actually shaved, but missed big portions because of my pregnant belly being in the way!
  • Playing CandyLand with Amalie and the joy on her face when she won!
  • Watching Amalie play with Chevron cars, fully immersed in imaginative play.
  • Seeing Amalie wash the dishes for a half hour- intent on washing every single dish- we may have wasted gallons of water, but the satisfaction of completing a job- she gained a lot that day!
  • Seeing Noah play with Legos for three hours a day and his creations improving and becoming amazing!
  • Listening to Noah read and hearing him sing the words because it comes so easily to him.

2 comments:

me said...

And you won't if you can find the time to journal it all or blog it then turn it into a book.

lynn said...

Sweet Moments - That's what life is all about!