The drive down was actually kinda fun (at least when Amalie wasn't screaming). We made sure to stop frequently so it wouldn't feel like a horrible race.
We planned to drive the whole way in one day, but it got to be too much, so we took a detour and stayed at my sisters house in Vegas. It was wonderfully relaxing and we were glad we did. The kids had reached their limit. (We were sorry that we missed seeing you Kendra!)
It was quite a whirl wind trip since we really were only in California for three and a half days and with three families to visit, it can get kinda tricky. But everything went smoothly and we had a wonderful, relaxing trip.
We stopped at my parents house first. It was wonderful and relaxing. And of course since there is always good food, I ate to maximum capacity. My mom, sister in law Mer, sister Lorelle and I decided to go shopping on New Years Day. I had no idea the mall was open, but lucky for us, it was. We stayed up WAY too late playing a hilarious game called "Curses." Even Seth couldn't resist playing after he saw how much fun we were having.
My cute family- Mer, Ben, Seth, Me, Mom, Dad.
The next day we headed down towards the beach to visit with Brad's family. The kids were thrilled to visit with Papa and Bubby. Noah was excited to pick the dinner (as a special birthday treat) and had fun making sodas with Bubby. They always make it a special time when we come. Brad's Dad sent Brad home with around thirty new pairs of pants, which was a huge blessing for us. The kids had fun giving kitty treats to the cats, and playing with the big box of toys. The next morning we had delicious waffles made by Mary, who always makes the most delicious meals. When it was time to go, Noah was not happy, but we still had lots more family to see.
Brad, Me, Amalie, Thor, Mary, Noah, Jeff- see all the greenery in the back yard? Mary is an excellent gardener and her backyard is beautiful.
We headed up to see more of Brad's family. We stopped at Brad's sisters to visit. Noah hung out with his cousins and played the Wii. I barely saw him the entire time we were there. It is cool how well the cousins play, even though they only see each other a few times a year.
Relaxing at my Mother-in-Laws house.
Almost all Brad's family. (Two sisters were missing)
That night we had a family get together with a delicious dinner and I finally got to meet my new nephew, Parker. All I can say is : I hope I have a baby that sweet and content someday! And Brad finally got to meet the other new addition this year, baby Will. He is the sweetest little guy!
We headed up to see more of Brad's family. We stopped at Brad's sisters to visit. Noah hung out with his cousins and played the Wii. I barely saw him the entire time we were there. It is cool how well the cousins play, even though they only see each other a few times a year.
Almost all Brad's family. (Two sisters were missing)That night we had a family get together with a delicious dinner and I finally got to meet my new nephew, Parker. All I can say is : I hope I have a baby that sweet and content someday! And Brad finally got to meet the other new addition this year, baby Will. He is the sweetest little guy!
We celebrated Noah's birthday that night, and since Grandma had said that Noah could take the leftover cupcakes home, he was sure the ownership was his. Noah had four empty cupcake wrappers in front of him, and was reaching for a fifth.
"That's enough, Noah," I said.
"But they're MY cupcakes!" he exclaimed.
"Noah, that's enough. Put it back," I warned.
Noah gave me a defiant look and then licked the cupcake.
(And just so you know, a birthday celebration in our house is not a 'Get out of jail free' card. He was still sent to time out.)
The next day we went to Church with Cathy and Denton and afterwards headed over to my sisters house. All my family in town came over and we had a delicous dinner and celebrated Noah's b-day (again!) with a cake made by Noah's cousin Brooke. It was yummy. The cousins had fun running wild all through the house, while the adults played games and stayed up way too late.
The next morning, my sister watched our kids so Brad and I could sleep in, which was wonderful. It was nice that Amalie and Lorelle got to bond. Amalie had been overwhelmed by so many people the night before, that she didn't want to be separated from Mom and Dad at all.
We left later in the morning and headed to my other sister's house in Vegas. Noah had a blast with his cousins. We had fun with my sister Amy, and her husband Chad. We put the kids to bed (not that they went to sleep) and played games. I couldn't help playing Super Mario Bros. 3 before we left. What can I say? I'm addicted. No need to wonder where Noah gets it from.
The next day we left after Amy had loaded us up with many goodies. Our tiny car we had rented was brimming. We arrived home that night feeling satisfied and happy that we were able to visit so many loved ones. There is something so special about being surrounded by those who love you, support you and pray for you. I am grateful for family!
7 comments:
I am glad you guys got to come and see family. I love the pic with your parents, Seth, Ben, and Merrilee. Everyone looks so happy. I know it must make your parents so happy when you guys are all together. It's all over there faces.
Sounds like a quick, but fun trip. Sometimes I wish CA was just a one drive for us :(
Good for you for just GOING! I'm a believer in not waiting the the optimal time...that may never come. Extended family time is so precious. And what about that cousin time? I've pondered myself many times, how come they always play like they've lived next door all this time. It seems there is little or no transition time, it just clicks. Cousin Magic maybe?
that picture of all you guys at Cathy's house made me a little sad because I only knew who the adults were! I really don't know anyones kids! I recognized yours only because i read your blog... i should visit more. glad you got to go visit though.
Hi kate!! How are you guys doing? I love trips to Cali. I am gonna add you to my blog, hope you don't mind. Your kids are stinking cute!!
We loved it that you came! What a fun surprise! Short but sweet.
Hi Kate! This is Hayley (Young). I haven't seen the Ishii family in forever. It is so fun to see the pic of your family and to read updates! You have such a beautiful family and cute kids!
Post a Comment