Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Little Things

I went to Costco today!!! On my own! This may not seem like a big deal to most of you, but you have to understand that I haven't had my own card in several years. Yet, I still liked to buy things at Costco, so every time family/friends came up, we would convince them they needed to go to Costco and tag along. And then stock up for the next few months! So, Costco was kind of this forbidden pleasure thing.
And now I have my own card! (Thanks Mom and Dad!)
This really is a good thing for everybody, since now when you guys come up to visit, we can do other things besides spend half the day at Costco. ;)
I took the kids today and it was like a special little outing. So fun . . . Hopefully it will stay that way . . . You know human nature, you don't ever appreciate things until they're taken away. I could spend hours in there, especially when they have samples. I mean, why would you buy a slice of pizza, when you can have twelve delicious little samples? Aaaah, Costco. I'm sure I wouldn't love it nearly as much if it weren't so hard to get in!

1 comment:

me said...

I've actually purposely avoided renewing the Costco card. I always, let me stress- ALWAYS- spend way too much money there. Like a kid in a candy store, no wait,a candy warehouse. When I buy in bulk we tend to eat in bulk. I have issues with selfcontrol when it comes to spending and food. Weak I am.