Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bean Museum

I took the kids to the Bean museum on Saturday, just to keep them out of the house, so Brad could work on his pottery wheel. Amalie was thrilled! It didn't even occur to me that she would enjoy it, but she loved it!
When we walked in the doors, there were some caribou, wolves, foxes and a polar bear. Amalie started exclaiming "Ponies! Ponies!" over and over. She was loving seeing these animals up close and personal. And yes, I took the opportunity to teach her the names. She now knows what a caribou looks like, and even a liger! (A hybrid between a lion and a tiger)



Did you know ostriches are this tall? And no, it's not as tall as the giraffe, that's only the giraffe's head and neck, but still an ostrich is tall! Noah was afraid of posing by the animals, so this was about all I could get. I wanted him to pose by this cool rhino, and these lions, but they were just too alive looking for him! Even for the ostrich, I had to nudge him and wait til he got comfortable.

No comments: