Tuesday, October 22, 2013

On Moving


Things have gotten rather busy lately.  We put an offer in on a house on Friday the 11th and what an emotional week!  After going back and forth with counter offers and such, we finally found out our offer was accepted on Thursday the 17th! 
We were so excited, but then very quickly went to work trying to sell our house.  It all hinges on this.  Sometimes I feel tempted to worry, but always, I feel a sweet assurance that everything will work out.  I love that feeling and I cling to it.  It helps that I have so much to do with trying to sell and trying to buy, I feel that I am putting in my best efforts, and feel that I am allowing Heavenly Father to bless our family as I do the best I can. (Mistakes and all, of course.)
So, on Saturday, after we had spent the last two days and the morning getting our house even more "show" ready, we had an open house.  At times I wanted to be worried.  What if no one showed?  But the feeling that kept coming to me was that it didn't matter.  I was doing my best and I needed to have confidence that the Lord would do the rest.  What a comfort!  I even felt that if no one showed, at least we were showing the Lord how hard we are willing to work!  That definitely means something.
We had one couple show.  I can't tell you how excited I was that somebody came.  And my house afterward?  What a dream!  I told Brad that night, "I feel like your mom."
He was surprised. "Why?"
"Because I have a spotless house," I answered.  It was strange how much free time I had, my brain felt so clear and I felt freed up to play with my kids and play a game with Brad that night.  It was so nice. (It also helped that we had leftovers for dinner, so no cooking freed up several hours!)
We decided to take the kids to the park for a little family fun after a hard days work.   I feel that Heavenly Father is teaching me how to have more balance in my life.  I often will focus on one thing and go at it with intensity, but I can't focus on anything else.  So, to be a mom of 3, pregnant, wife to one, and trying to buy and sell a house is good for me.  I am learning that Brad and I still need to have our dates, I still need to nourish myself emotionally, spiritually and physically and we still need to spend time with our kids.  It's good and I find when I do make the time, I am so much happier!  It also helps that I don't have a calling right now, and with all my visiting teachees having moved, I am just chillin' and able to focus all my efforts on family and moving.
I am excited to see the miracles that will come to make this all happen!

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Like :)

I'll be calling you soon!

Kate said...

Sounds good! I'd love to tell you all about it!

the mom~ said...

I am SOOOO excited for you! I can't wait to see your new home :)
Praying yours sell quickly!

Kate said...

Thanks, Salena!! Appreciate your prayers!