Tuesday, October 8, 2013

21 Weeks

This pic was taken about two weeks ago when I was about 19 weeks along.  (I am definitely even larger now!)

This has been such an interesting pregnancy for me.  At about 5.5 weeks along, the queasiness came.  About a week and a half later, I was not functioning much at all.  I was definitely sickest when pregnant with Noah, hardly a day went by when I didn't throw up, but it's hard to say if that was due to my not understanding that when I felt nauseaus I needed to eat!  So, I wasn't the sickest this pregnancy, but I certainly was pretty helpless at times.  Thankfully, the kids are pretty independent and everyone had their basic needs met. 

But it was different in the fact that I finally let go.  I let go of my expectations for myself as a mother.  I let go of my expectations of "how" my family should support me.  I let go of my pride when people wanted to help me.  And I had more going on than ever, which helped me prioritize better.  I tried to journal frequently.  I felt so much heavenly help, it was amazing.  I think through the other pregnancies, it was always there, but I never stopped to look for it and therefore didn't recognize it.

My husband, my friends, my family, my visiting teacher all were a wonderful support during this time.  I felt such a positive attitude most of the time, even though I felt rotten 98% of the time, but my attitude was so different.  I can't tell you how lovely that was.
I started to gradually feel a teeny bit better around 15 weeks and by about 18 weeks, I felt almost normal again (except for the daily naps and tiredness and such)

Every once in awhile, it seems like baby must be having a big ol' growth spurt and I feel kind of hormonal and super draggy tired.  That was me today.  It could have been recuperation from conference weekend, though too.  Still, today I felt as though I were in my last trimester, it was strange, I felt huge (even though I'm not), but some days, my baby belly feels so heavy!  I even had to stop myself from waddling!!

We are really looking forward to meeting this little one.  It's nice to have so much going on (trying to find a new home and selling this one) as it takes my focus off baby and makes the time go by a lot speedier. 

Brad felt baby move on Sunday.  I love sharing that with him.  He's such a sweet, tender dad and he ADORES babies (much more than me).  I love how he talks to baby and is so supportive during my pregnancy, telling me how beautiful I am and ignoring my hormonal crankiness on those occasional days when that happens.

One of the things I am most excited about is seeing the children interact with this little one- they LOVE babies and are so loving and tender and sweet with them, it just warms my heart to see how accepting they are of a new person in the family (who takes attention away from them!)

3 comments:

the mom~ said...

You look beautiful! No gender reveal yet? Looking forward to seeing your precious baby! What's your EDD? Have you actually sold your place yet? I'm really ready to be over the whole buying and selling of our home, it bites! ;)

Kate said...

Thanks, Salena! We are going to find out the gender in about 5 weeks when we go to have a 3D ultrasound, the place I am going to likes the mama to be at least 26weeks along before they do a 3D. I am due mid-February. And no, we haven't sold our place yet and haven't found a place to buy yet, so yeah, trying to keep a good attitude, but some days its really hard!!!

papa and bubby said...

You do look so beautiful! But then I have always thought how beautiful you are! We are so excited about the baby. Brad is like his Dad because he also adores babies!