Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween

Halloween was busy and a little crazy, but super fun!  The day before Halloween we had the ward carnival, which was a nice dress rehearsal for Halloween.  We were a good 20-30 minutes late as I ran around frantic, trying to make sure homework was done, mouths were fed and and helping everyone get their costumes on, while readying myself as well. 
I love that Noah wanted to go as a mad scientist again.  I think he looks so great, and I've always thought of him as an intellectual, very bright and especially good at math and science.  Although really I think he's quite good in every area except handwriting.
I was thrilled that Amalie and I could go in coordinating costumes as Guatemala girls.  Brad was even more thrilled than I as he has been wanting me to use that fabric since we first got married.  He brought all these gorgeous pieces back from his mission in Guatemala years ago and we finally put it to use!
Gabe was hilarious!  We have a big bag of costumes that we got out and even though these costumes are a size or two too small, he loved them.  The top is a "carrot", at least that's what he called it, even though it is really a parrot.  I corrected him once, but then I realized it was so cute that he thought he was a "carrot", I stopped.  The bottoms are his 12-24 months monkey costume.  Funny kid!
 Our awesome neighbor Cory wears a different costume every year and they are always unique!  The two scientists!
 Talk about gorgeous, sheesh!  One of my friends said Amalie and I looked like Indian princesses.  How cool is that?!
 On the day of Halloween, I went to Noah's class to help out with the Halloween party.  It was so fun!  I assembled these little witch hats out of Fudge stripes, canned frosting died dark green and Hershey kisses.  Super cute.  The kids are so awesome.  I got to help with a game and I love interacting with the kids, they are talkative and fun and just darling.
 And I loooove Noah's teacher, Miss Collins.  She rocks!  Noah actually comes home and tells about all the neat projects they are doing, which I don't remember him doing before.  She has really gotten him excited about some aspects of schoolwork.  She also does a lot of reward systems, which really motivates Noah.
 I stopped by Amalie's class on my way out and they were decorating cookies.  She is LOVING kindergarten so much and she happily says that everyone in the class is her friend.  Love it!
 That night costumes went a lot smoother since the two oldest were already dressed.  Phew!  Brad got home early enough so we took the kids trick or treating and met up and joined our friends in going around the neighborhood.  It was sooo fun.
I think one of my favorite parts of Halloween, is simply getting to see all my neighbors, as I take my kids trick or treating, and seeing them dressed up and their kids dressed up.  There's just something magical and fun about it.  

No comments: