Monday, October 29, 2012

Saturday

 We had an extremely busy Saturday, yet extremely sweet and satisfying.  We had the Primary Program practice and pizza party in the morning.  Brad was a doll and took Gabe on a looong walk while the kids and I were at the practice.  He had fun experimenting with our new camera. Afterwards, we headed over to the Toys R Us Lego giveaway, even though Brad and I were confident that the Legos would be gone, but the kids were set on going.  So, we took Noah's friend, Eli and got in the loooong line and thankfully they were gracious enough to let us know that they had run out of Legos so we didn't have to stand in line for an hour before finding out.
 We trekked over to the park to get in some play time before Gabe's nap.  It was a gorgeous day, which was a special treat after having a small snowfall earlier this week.  The pond was surrounded by ducks, and the kids had fun feeding them berries from a tree.

 I am thrilled already with this new camera since we can get action shots!  With kids that is vital since they are rarely sitting still.  (A good thing, actually)

 




 Love those action shots!  It was just a sweet time at the park, playing and enjoying the beautiful fall weather.
When we got home, we saw that our dear friends had come back to the neighborhood to visit.  I got to sit outside and chat with my dear friend, Alyssa.  Sometimes I forget how nice it is just to sit and chat with friends, it's so easy to get caught up in the to-do list.

My brother and his son stopped by later and we made leaf piles with the kids and played frisbee and soccer.  It was so fun and lovely to be outside.  I love the contrast of weather here, because I enjoy taking full advantage of good weather.

I finally was inside the house for about an hour before Brad and I had to leave.  Our babysitter came over and we went to Cafe Rio and split a salad and then used my free scoop at Baskin Robbins and headed over to the Temple. 

It was a very sweet day.  Satisfying and fulfilling.  So grateful for those sweet days.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

So glad we happened by at just the right time to catch you! I enjoyed it too.

BTW, those pics look great! Having a capable camera is lovely, isn't it :)