Monday, November 5, 2012

A visit from Papa & Bubby

Papa & Bubby came up the weekend after my birthday to visit.  It was an especially fun visit!  I think the great thing about parents and in-laws is that they actually spoil us too, which we love.  As parents, we don't get much spoiling, so it is such a nice treat when we do! 
They generously let me pick the restaurant we ate at that night in honor of my birthday the day before.  We went to a new place I'd been wanting to try, Malawi Pizza.  It was fun!  Then they took our kids to their hotel and gave Brad and I the night off!  It was lovely.
At the hotel.
The next day Brad and I ran some errands (by ourselves, what a treat!) and then met up with everybody.  Bubby took Amalie and I out shopping for a birthday present for me.  It was really nice, since when does a Mom ever shop for herself? 
We went to Wal-Mart where the kids all picked out a toy.  They were thrilled and then we ate dinner at Smashburger.  (One of my favorite places, yum!) Dessert at Yogurtland and then they took our kids back with them to the hotel since Brad and I had tickets to the BYU Symphony Orchestra!!  We had a relaxing night.
We spent Sunday together as well, relaxing.  It was a really nice visit.  We have so much fun when we're together.

1 comment:

the mom~ said...

Sounds FABULOUS! Happy belated birthday!