Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Three!

Dear Gabriel,
What a treat it is to have you in our family!  You have a love for life that spills out through your beautiful smile and is absolutely contagious.  You are a huge blessing to us.

You had been looking forward to your birthday for weeks.  As Amalie's birthday is a week before yours, it seemed even harder for you to wait for your own!  You were so ready for that special day.

In the morning, we had some presents for you, you were thrilled to play with your "new" Chevron cars.  Even Noah had a little car for you as well.  It's funny how much you love CARS.  You are content to play with them for hours alone, every day.  You've only just begun to let me play with you.  For awhile there, you didn't let me or anyone else to touch your cars, but apparently I won you over, because now you let me play with at least some of your cars.


You got fun birthday surprises from all your grandparents and you were thrilled to go to McDonald's for lunch since Papa and Bubby had sent you gift certificates. We'd just gotten some great coupons in the mail, so with your certificates and the coupons, you bought yourself and Amalie a Happy Meal. You were so proud. You even sat at your own table, wanting to be alone, I guess? I don't know why, but you clearly wanted to sit at one table and we sit at another. (Maybe because there was only one character chair at each table?)



That night, we got pizza and went to the park and played.  Noah had a soccer game that night, so we went early to the park and brought your cupcakes as well.  You were just so happy.  It was fun to celebrate your birthday with you, as you were fully aware of what was happening and loving every minute!



You are fully a 3 year old now, wanting to be independent and HATING life if someone takes away those choices from you.  You get yourself dressed every day, and usually multiple times a day, I'm not sure all the reasons you change your clothes, but I know that if you get the tiniest bit wet, you HAVE to change.  You fully take care of the bathroom situation, and haven't had an accident for quite some time.  You sweetly go down for long naps, as long as I warn you in advance and make sure you have food in your tummy and read you a book.  You love to get yourself snacks as well and you have to buckle yourself in your carseat too.  (That took a little getting used to, but I think I am starting to remember to add on 5 more minutes to our ETA time)

You are just a delight.  Today when we were out and about, you somehow got something on your hand and rubbed your eye and it just started swelling like crazy.  You seem to be pretty allergic to cats, so I am wondering if you got a cat hair and rubbed it in your eye.  It looked the same as all the times that has happened.  You were so sweet in taking a shower and opening your eye in the shower stream.  Then I told you I needed to give you eye drops and you complied quite sweetly and even took your medicine sweetly for the first time.  (While you were holding a bribe-a mini candy bar.) Still, I was impressed, you didn't spit it out!
 

I am so grateful for you, you have such a tender heart, a quick laugh, a great sense of humor and are very patient.

Thank you so much for coming to our family.

Love,
Your Mama, Kate

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Isaac was the same way when he was little! He wouldn't let me play cars with him either :).

Happy (late) birthday Gabe!

Kate said...

That makes me feel a lot better! Interesting how smiliar these two guys are. Gabe talks about his friend Isaac alk the time, it's so cute!