I was a little apprehensive about the kids going back to school. We'd had a crazy, busy summer and I longed for just a few more weeks or months with them. But the time had come, and so with a little hesitation, we first sent Noah off. It seems like a blur, those days of him as a baby and toddler. Fourth grade! I feel grateful that he is still quite innocent and enjoys and loves school (most of the time). Loves his teacher and his friends and trading Lego minifigs at school.
Since Amalie just missed the Kindergarten deadline last year by a mere 4 days, she was more than ready to start this year. She had a whole 8 days longer to wait than Noah since they test all the Kindergarten kids the first week and then split them into classes accordingly. She couldn't wait to go to school. She really wanted to ride the bus, but I really wanted to take her to school and walk her in and get her situated, so she happily complied. (Even though I did offer to follow the bus if she wanted)
I think the backpack and the bus are probably some of the most exciting parts. And now little Gabe is dying to go to "cool". She is flourishing and LOVING every minute of it. She counts down the minutes til it is time to go each day. Love that!
5 comments:
They have a bus going to afternoon kindergarten this year? I don't think they had it last year. Nice!
That Amalie is so beautiful. Glad she's loving it!
Glad to hear the backpack is still a super fun part. I thought that it just faded in general, but it was just us growing up, right?
Utah Lake and Camping Timpanogos: very cool. :)
Alyssa- Yes, I asked about the bus before placing her, I was thrilled it worked out!
Jena- Isn't that the way it is? The novelty wears off. I remember being so excited to ride the bus for the first time in 6th grade but by seventh grade I was over it.
It's amazing to see how much Noah has grown. Love the gloves! And amalie is such a beauty!
They both have grown so much!
Post a Comment