Saturday, February 25, 2012

Valentine's Day

I was really proud of myself this Valentine's Day.  For the first time, I was actually prepared!  It really helped that I have begun to make out Monthly Meal Plans.  It forces me to be organized and plan ahead and then we can actually have special meals on holidays!

I had planned to make pizzas for a special Valentine's Day dinner, and at the last minute, I decided to be fun Mom and shape them into hearts.  The great thing about kids is that they really appreciate my cooking efforts- they thought the pizzas were awesome.  It is so fun to do little special things for the kids when their eyes light up and smiles burst from their faces.

The children set the table all special and purty- a tablecloth and some fancy glasses.  It was fun!  We started out the day with a small bag of candy and a love note from Daddy and I telling each child why we love them.  I could tell they felt great.  I mentally prepared myself that they would be eating the candy for breakfast, so I only put in as much as I didn't mind them having for breakfast.  It worked well. 

Noah brought home a HAUL of candy from school.  So different than when I was a kid and I was thrilled someone threw a couple of conversation hearts in the store bought tiny card and envelope. Thankfully, he shared with his siblings.

It's fun to have a day to celebrate the people we love!

No comments: