Friday morning, all our running around had finally taken its toll. At least on the parents! I was wiped out and exhausted, but the kids were raring to go! They were dying to go swimming, and we warned them that it might be the choice between swimming and Epcot, but swimming won out! They had a blast swimming! And when we were done it was too late to go to Epcot and still make our bus that would take us to the airport. But none of us cared at that point, we were too tired.
Papa sent Bubby to get a well-deserved massage. She was the benefactor and planner of our amazing trip and kept everything running smoothly. I was super impressed that she never got stressed out, she kept it together so well. We appreciated it so much! It was super relaxing for Brad and I to have Mary, Jeff, Justin and Erica all helping us with our kids! I loved the ratio of 6 adults to 3 kids!
Since we weren't leaving til' two, and check out was at 11 am, the hotel generously let us use another hotel room so we could shower and change into our clothes. Guess what the kids did? Watched Disney channel, of course.
Throughout the trip, we had to remind them to stop watching TV and enjoy our surroundings. They make me laugh, but I know I was the same way!
Our bus ride to the airport was sad. We were so sad to leave, we enjoyed ourselves so thoroughly. It took us 14 hours from the time we left the hotel to the time we stepped in our front door. Whew!
Unfortunately, Gabe's "mouse ears" got left on one of the planes we rode.
Waiting for our delayed plane to get in. We all slept on the last leg to SLC, thankfully, and then Brad and I talked the whole drive home making sure we both stayed awake since we got home at 3 am. Brad was a doll and got up with the kids the next day and let me sleep in til noon! What a guy!
It took us all three or four days to feel normal again. We had quickly adjusted to eastern time and were a bit sleep deprived and weary. We knew Noah didn't feel like himself when he told us on Saturday night he was going to take a nap and didn't want to go to the store with us! He ended up being sick for two days. That's how much fun we all had!!
An amazing trip with amazing family. I can't wait to go back!!
3 comments:
What an amazing trip. Memories you'll remember your whole life!
Your detail of the 5 days was truly awesome! It was like watching a documentary of our trip. Thank you sooooo much for chronicling our trip in such a beautiful way.We,too,
can't wait to go again but we're going to wait for some more babies. We love you!
P.S. I was totally stressed, like a mother hen with 8 chicks. I guess I deserve an Oscar.
Wow Kate, that looks and sounds like so much fun. How awesome that Brad's family would invest so much ( time, money , energy) into making that special memory. I can't wait to do that with my grown kids and grankids someday.
Post a Comment