Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ten months and Standing

Dear Gabriel,
I am loving this adorable smile of yours. It's nice and toothy and crinkly. You bring such light into our lives. Even though life is pretty much Absolutely Crazy having three, I just can't imagine life without you.

I love to watch as you explore throughout the house. Every once in awhile you turn and catch my eye and bestow an adorable grin on me. You like to "drum" on every hard surface, and you are even clapping! It pretty much melts my heart. You love being read to, playing "Peekaboo", being tickled and when the kids get wild with you. And you can STAND. It won't be too much longer until you are running away from me. I am also trying to teach you how to go down the stairs. You hate it. But it's necessary. Sorry, bud.

You are also starting to show a cranky side as well- or maybe it is more of a stubborn streak. If we take something away from you, you get REALLY upset and like to let out a piercing scream.

You are also a BIG pain to breastfeed. If you are not drumming on my chest, then you are pinching me, and when I stop you, you either stop eating or bite me! So, yeah, I am feeling pretty done with breastfeeding. If it weren't for me being such a penny pincher, I would have stopped a long time ago.

You are super active and love to go, go, go. It's fun to watch you explore and play with toys. You recently started playing with cars on the floor and it's so cute to see you roll them back and forth.

You are a FABULOUS sleeper and love to have your two naps a day as well as a good 11-12 hours at night. Hallelujah! I love it! (Knock on wood) We are hoping to move your siblings back in the room with you. But I am a little nervous, hoping you will all do well together.

You are still eating as much as your siblings. I still can't quite figure out why I have kids that eat so heartily. Maybe because it drives me crazy?! Ha Ha. Well, apparently the jokes on me. I was conditioned during college, as I studied Nutritional Science, not to worry about how little my children ate- they would eventually make up for it. So I expected my kids to eat small portions and not worry about it as long as you were growing properly and then what do I get? Kids that eat as much as I do. I'm not sure where you guys put it.

Recently, we were at my family reunion and your Aunt Amy took pictures of you with your three cousins that were born within the last year. It was so fun to see all these adorable babies. I can't wait til you can play and run around together.

What beautiful babies you all are!

{baby Jacob~2.5 months, baby Kai -7 months, baby Eli-9.5 months and baby Gabe-9.5 months}
Oh what fun you guys will have!

I sure love you. You are a delight and a treasure to me.

I am still grateful to be,

Your Mom

1 comment:

lynn said...

That's so sweet. I love these updates - (it's not quite as good as living down the street from you would be) - but it's so fun to get the udates on Gabe's progress.