Monday, July 26, 2010

Sisters Weekend July 2010

Sadly, this isn't even a picture from this trip, it is a picture from the first Sisters Weekend back in July 2008! We didn't take one picture. Not one. I guess that is a testament to the fact that we were all enjoying ourselves too much.

Last Thursday, I was supposed to be leaving at night to fly with my sis in law Serena to my sister, Amy's house. But, early that morning at about three am, Noah threw up. After I settled him back into bed, I lay awake, stressed out of my mind. What if Noah continued to throw up all day? What would I do? But, thankfully he didn't. He did camp out on the couch all day, which is pretty crazy for him. Usually nothing gets him down. Thankfully, even though there was one stress after another that day, I made it to Las Vegas late that night.

It was much mellower that two years before, partly because we'd all seen each other a month before. It was, of course in a word, WONDERFUL.

We talked, swam, ate, talked, shopped til' we dropped, talked some more, went out to eat, talked late into the night after saying numerous times we needed to go to bed and generally relaxed and enjoyed having no responsibilities.

The only downside, my awesome sis-in-law Merrilee couldn't be there. We kept mentioning that it felt like someone was missing. (Well, duh! Someone was.)
Other than that . . . It was lovely.

I love my family. They are the bomb! (The good kind.)

And the best part? I came home to a clean house and an excited husband and children. The children LOVED being with only Brad and had a fabulous time. I was thrilled to come back feeling spiritually and emotionally refreshed with a new perspective.

2 comments:

lynn said...

It WAS great to be together. I am looking forward to next year already and everyone being there.

me said...

It was a great time! Wish I had come home to a clean house but alas I didn't. However,before I went home, Lorelle and Denver made my family and I dinner and so I was able to go home and nothave to cook for the evening!