Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Brad's Great Idea

A few weeks ago, Brad got home from work and thought it would be a great idea to have a treasure hunt for Family Home Evening. I was hot, tired and cranky and wanted to get the kids to bed early, but Brad looked so excited, how could I say No? He left quickly after dinner to place the clues and treasure along the River Trail. We drove down when he was ready and started to look for our clues.

After finding a clue, the kids ran ahead in excitement. They were having so much fun. Even though it was really hot outside, I was glad we'd come. I watched Amalie walking and realized she seemed a little lopsided in the way she walked. I looked down at her feet and realized on one foot she only had the jelly part of her sandal- the whole bottom was missing! I turned around and saw that the bottom of her sandal had come unglued and was sitting on the trail. Amalie was such a good sport as Brad and I cracked up (normally she hates it when people laugh at her) and never complained of being uncomfortable.
Brad made up clever clues and placed them in little plastic jars with lids along the way. The kids really enjoyed figuring them out.

We found the treasure! We sat down on a tree trunk to eat the treasure-candy the kids had picked out at the store earlier that day for FHE treat. The kids were having a wonderful time and we are so thrilled that they LOVE family home evening. We try to make it fun, but sometimes it is a challenge, as Brad and I are both usually exhausted by Monday night! I'm so grateful for Brad's fun ideas. (And his persistence)


3 comments:

lynn said...

What a fun idea for FHE. You are making some wonderful memories. I think that's one of the reasons why Dads are so important - they come up with the best and most fun ideas.

the mom~ said...

That sounds very fun, yah for good daddies and husbands!!!

me said...

What a fun dad!