Brad and I debated about whether to go on the ward campout. Last year was really fun and the setting was so beautiful and of course, we knew the children would have a great experience. I finally decided that I would not be comfortable enough this far along in my pregnancy, so we settled on a perfect compromise- we would drive up that night and let the kids play and have fun and come home the same night.
It was held at Jolley's Ranch in Hobble Creek canyon. The campgrounds were lovely and much less rugged than last year. There was a humongous playground the children played on for hours. The activities committee did a fabulous job of picking the location, entertaining us with games and feeding us wonderful dutch oven cakes and cobblers and homemade ice cream. Amalie and I played BINGO and even though we didn't win, we were stoked that we got to eat the M&M's we had used as markers. Yum!
Noah's best buds, Eli and Cole were there and so they ran around, finding sticks and having an absolute blast. Brad was so kind to watch the children, while I chatted with friends. It was absolutely relaxing and I said that to Brad on the way home, and then realized it hadn't been relaxing for him, since he was constantly watching the children. But he never complained! What a guy! Glad he's mine.
We were glad we went up for the night and even more glad we didn't stay overnight since I could hardly sleep as it was that night, tucked into my snug, comfortable bed!
3 comments:
Sounds like a blast and I like the idea of my own bed too and i"m not even prego! ;)
Sounds like the perfect compromise to me! You get the best parts of camping without having to actually camp! Plus camping when you're preggers is no fun! I went once when I was pregnant with Jacob...never again!
SMART!
Post a Comment