Thursday, December 18, 2008


Today is my ninth Wedding Anniversary to Brad. As I look back, I realize the goodness of God in putting Brad into my life. I prayed countless times for a wonderful young man to come into my life. I had always been taught that I should be prayerful about the one I marry. I am so grateful I listened to that counsel. The longer I have been married to Brad, the more I rejoice in God's wisdom.
Many of you who know us, probably have thought to yourself "Wow, how did they get together. They have nothing in common."

True, we are very different. We do not enjoy most of the same music or hobbies, or even sense of humor. But when it comes to spiritual things and family, everything I want in a man is there. I am so glad that I had guidance from my Heavenly Father in picking an eternal companion. I know if I had been left to my own judgement, I would not be happy now. Heavenly Father knew what I needed and mercifully blessed me with my sweet Brad.

I am also grateful for eternal families. Brad and I were married in the Temple, and for those of you who don't know much about the Temple, I will tell you this: It is a place where a husband and wife can be sealed together as a couple FOREVER. Families and children can be united, so that after death, we will still be a family. I believe that if we will keep all God's commandments and endure to the end, we can have these tremendous gifts.

I am so grateful for this on my anniversary.

3 comments:

the mom~ said...

Happy 9th anniversary Kate and Brad!

me said...

As I read this post I couldn't help to think, "Wow, how did those two get together, they have nothing in common." Yes, I have thought that. Non-the-less you are so happy and you have grown soooooo much Kate that I too believe you and Brad are a inspired match. Hey, have I seen that dress before. Hey Amy, what about you? You seen that dress before? Oh and back to the story. I can't believe your Mom. I thought he found out about your "little friends" later on in the relationship. So unlike her to embarass someone but that would have been.

The Ishiis said...

Happy Anniversary!!!