Dear Mom,
Remember when you said "I hope you get a child just like you." ( I don't really remember if you said that, but we'll just pretend for the moment) Well I did. Now I know what you have gone through. Except, it's kind of funny. It is actually a blessing to have one like me, because I know what makes her tick. The girl craves reactions . . . Big ones. Here is a sampling of some of the things she has done lately.
Every night after I put Amalie in her crib, as soon as I find sanctuary in my room, I hear in a cute sing-song voice "Noah poopy, Noah stinky!" She loves to rile Noah up! It doesn't matter what I do-I usually have Noah come outside the room and we close the door for a minute. And sure, she apologizes and it doesn't happen again . . . until the next night. It has become a bedtime ritual, and honestly it is hard not to laugh.
Then, the other day I was helping her get dressed in pajamas and she was having fun whipping around her pajamas - hitting Noah in the process. "Mom!" Noah complained.
"Don't hit Noah," I said sternly.
"Then I'm going to tease Momma," Amalie said with a twinkle in her eye, whipping me with the pajamas, all the while, a huge teasing smile on her face.
She also likes to say things like "I want to eat poop." The first time I freaked out, but now I have caught on. So instead I say "Oh, that's yucky," all nonchalant. She is starting to give up that one.
Last night I heard singing from the kids bedroom. My little one loves to make up songs. This one was sung sweetly, but the words were "Happy Birthday to Noah's butt." Yes, that was from my 2 year old! I guess that's what happens when you have an older brother who is in school. I went and asked her not to say naughty words and be gross and she said sweetly "Okay."
"Don't do it again, or I'll have to take away the cold covers," I warned.
"Okay," she said.
As soon as I was out of the room, she sang it again. The cold covers were put back in the closet and Amalie screamed bloody murder. I just have to laugh though. The girl has got spunk. She keeps things exciting in our house, that's for sure. If I can just steer that strong will towards good and light, then we are going to be allright!
Thank you for putting up with me and all of my antics. I will probably be calling for advice when the "moon becomes full over the dining room table" incident occurs.
Love your apologetic daughter,
Kate
7 comments:
Hahaha! She sounds like Abram's twin! He says and does the SAME thing, but mostly we just ignore him and he quits. But the time he said, "Here comes that damn dog" I about lost it! I was laughing so hard and Steven was NOT happy in the least bit to hear his 3 year old say damn...and blamed me...GASP!
Dear Kate,
Oh my goodness - she is you all over again. I have to admit, though, watching you grow up was always fun and entertaining. The ting I loved the most was that twinkle in your eye. It sounds like you are in for some real fun..........................
Love, your Mom
Hey Kate!
That is so funny... I can't believe you were like that! The story was well written, too. Keep writing!
Love,
Merrilee
Oh Kate. Ooooh.. Oooooh.. Kate.
Go watch the President Hinckley Documentary "A Giant Among Men" or something like that. Defenitly encouraging.
She is such a little stinker, but is so cute at the same time.
my kids are me too... which is fair but sometimes I see them being my sisters and thats not fair. right?
That's my Celestey! Cute girl that Amalie!
Post a Comment