Thursday, May 1, 2014

Papa & Bubby

 Papa and Bubby came up to visit over Spring Break.  Gabriel knew about this for several weeks and asked me just about every day when they were coming, and finally the day came!  I'd had a rough night of sleep the night before and had told the kids that I needed their help cleaning the house the next morning.  When I finally got up, I came down to a clean family room and dining room.  The kids had been so excited, they surprised me by cleaning up without me having to bug them about it.  That is one of the best surprises!
They dragged around all day long, waiting outside for hours, even though I told them it would be a few more hours.  When Papa and Bubby finally arrived, the kids were so excited.  Papa and Bubby generously took care of dinner, which was wonderful, and then whisked the three older kids away to spend the weekend at their hotel.
It was really nice for a sleep deprived mama to get to catch up on sleep and have a quiet house.  The kids had a BLAST with their grandparents and were loaded down with toys and gifts when we brought them home. Grateful for a family who loves us so much.  
 
 

2 comments:

the mom~ said...

Very specail.

papa and bubby said...

Love your blog and pictures. It always makes us feel like we are living right next door. How wonderful to have such an archive of your love for your family and to share it with us!