Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Hope of America

 This year, the whole 5th grade at Noah's school got to be involved with Hope of America.  It is this awesome patriotic program that involves about 4,000 students who learn a number of patriotic songs and actions to the songs and perform in the Marriott Center as part of Provo's Freedom Festival.  I was so grateful that it happened when baby is old enough and I am recovered enough to attend.  It was awesome to watch!  The kids formed this big American flag with all their colored t-shirts and their voices sounded so beautiful and sweet.  It was a blast, and my absolute fave part was when the whole Marriott center got to do the wave.  That was amazing!  I feel so grateful that Noah really wants me to come and support him at these events and is so happy to have me there!


With this number, they pulled out flashlights and did this awesome light show- my camera couldn't handle it, but it looked like fireworks going off, it was so cool!  Everyone put a lot of effort into this program, it was amazing!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wow-- doing Freedom Festival things already? No wonder I seem to have missed half of the events each year by the time I peruse the mailing about it...

It looks like a wonderful production, and what a fun experience for Noah too!

Kate said...

Yes, so true! By the time I would look at the magazine, I had often missed a bunch of events as well. I think this one is the earliest one, though. I'm guessing it's due to the fact that they needed elementary schools to still be in session and they needed the Marriott center as well, and I think it is usually used all spring and summer terms with women's conf and EFY, Sports Camps and Education Week! I think the rest of the freedom festival events are end of May and through June.