Oh man, if I would have known how much love I would feel for this little guy, I would have had him a lot sooner! Although, I think I needed to go through a process of becoming a less stressed out mama before I could fully enjoy this little darling. I'm grateful Heavenly Father let me go through that process of learning to let go and learning to take care of myself, before I had this precious little one. I find myself fully able to soak him up, to love him completely because of how I have changed in the last year and a half.
He is honestly a GREAT and easy baby. Part of it may be due to the fact that he was having tummy troubles very early on and my midwife brought me some tablets to crush and give to him before feedings which basically helped colonate his gut bacteria so he had an easier time digesting my breast milk. I also feel since he is my fourth, I am finally able to be more in tune with his needs. With my three others, it seemed like it took 4-5 months before I really understood them, and this little guy is pretty decipherable, most of the time. His crying usually means,: hunger, dirty or wet diaper, or tired. This past week, he has been a little fussier than usual, but most of the time, he is just great- he seems to have put himself on a nice routine. He has been sleeping about 6 hour stretches at night, and even 7 hours the last two nights, which has been heaven for me! (I hope I don't jinx myself by saying it!) And then he eats, which now takes about 20 minutes or so, and then goes back to sleep for another 4 hours. Although his bedtime is variable, once he is down, that's what he does.
He is holding up his head better than before, and loves to stare at our faces. Love that! He even looks at me sometimes when he is feeding, which I have never really had in a baby before. He is also starting to be fascinated by the mobile attached to his swing. And he loves being on his tummy!
Just recently, he has started giving us the biggest smiles! I love it! It is just so gratifying that he gives me the biggest smiles of anyone in the family, since I have sacrificed so much for this little one. It's such a beautiful gift of appreciation when I'm still a bit sleep deprived and my poor brain has not yet recovered. Just a few weeks back, he started crying when he is tired. Sometimes he wants me to rock him to sleep and other times, he just wants me to lay him down and he puts himself to sleep. He really is a gem.
Everybody in the family is still head over heels for him. I feel it is such a privilege to have this little guy in our family!






2 comments:
Well, you keep talking him up, so I suppose I better figure out a time to come meet this fabulous person! ;)
He's adorable.
Yes, I would love for you to meet him! I've got visitors this next week, but after that I am free. Text or call me and we can set something up! Miss ya, friend!
Post a Comment