Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sisters Weekend: June 7-8 2013, Day 1


This year for our annual Sisters Weekend, we were missing two vital parts: my Mom, since she is on a mission in Ohio, and my oldest sister Lorelle.  It was sad not having them around, we would look around when we all sat down together, and we could feel that they were missing.  But, we made the best of it and still had an amazing time together.

My sister in law, Serena offered that we could stay at her house this year (which is in Utah).  We were all so excited and Serena and I got together and planned out a fun filled weekend to remember.

We started off with facials and pedis at a local school who had an amazing deal that we'd all bought a few months back.  Afterwards, we headed to Thanksgiving Point gardens.  Serena was the only one who'd ever been before since she and her family have a membership.  We ate lunch at the cafĂ©, which was one of the most scrumptious meals I've ever had.  (Yes, I'm definitely going back) One thing that's fun about this group of sisters is that we all share food.  So, it's great fun to get to taste 5 or more different menu items.
 After our wonderful lunch, Kendra rented a golf cart and paid for us all to get in.  (Love that girl!) We had so much fun exploring the gardens.  I could easily be there for hours upon hours.  It's the perfect place to ponder or meditate.

 And we got a little goofy at times as well.  Each of us took turns driving the golf cart , since Amy was the only one who'd ever done so before.  It was fun.

 The koi pond was cool, but when you fed them it was a little creepy.
 I was thrilled when I spotted all these lily pads in the ponds!  So beautiful!
 The gardens were just beautiful and it was so fun exploring and chatting and just being together.  I love these girls! 

 After we'd been at the gardens a few hours, we left and headed up to Salt Lake's City Creek Center for some shopping.  It was a little pricey, so after hitting a few stores, we headed down to Sandy's mall.  You can imagine the hard core shopping that went down for these women who most of them only go clothes shopping once a year or so.  It was hard core- I'd been clothes shopping several times in the last month (unusual for me), so I'd already had my fill.
 We'd agreed to do a "Favorite Things" gift exchange, and since Amy had not been able to decide on anything, asked us each to pick out our "favorite thing" at the mall.  Now, that was fun!  I found some super darling jean shorts, hooray!

Kendra was the most serious shopper in that she'd been saving her money up all year for this trip, since Utah has a lot more modest clothes than in California, but that night she was sadly the only one who left the mall empty handed.
 Serena took us to a sushi place called "Wasabi".  I'm not a huge fan of sushi, but I like it every once in awhile, as it reminds me of my growing up years.  But this place.  Oh man, best sushi I've ever had.  They brought this roll wrapped in foil, surrounded by blue flames to our table.  We inhaled it.  It was moist and the flavors just exploded in your mouth.  It was that good.
Amy and I headed to bed early that night while everyone else stayed up talking.  It had been a wonderful day, but I was so extremely exhausted!  Is it possible to have too much fun?

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I don't recognize the red-head. Is she a newer addition to the family?

Sounds like a great time!

Kate said...

Nope, I think she just colored her hair. Mer has been in the family for six years or more I think! We just adore her!