Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sunday walk at the Provo Temple


When I saw the flowers at the temple, I knew I had to bring Amalie back to see them. She appreciates beautiful flowers so much and enjoys learning the names as well. Ever since she started kindergarten, she seems to have a thirst for learning, which Brad and I are thrilled about! On Sunday, we decided to drive down and take a walk on the grounds.  A lot of other people had the same idea. . . which made the kids a little grumpy.




But we got some fun pictures- and most of us had a good time.  We had to leave when Noah and Gabe started splashing each other in the reflection pool and Noah splashed a bunch of water on Gabe.  Gabe hates to be wet, and so any time he gets a drop of water on his clothes, he peels them off.  Which he of course did again this time, while screaming like crazy, because he was so upset by the big splash in the face.



Even though they tested us quite a bit over the weekend, they really are great kids.  They definitely do more right than they do wrong.


I thought I'd close with a view of what it looks like when Brad is trying to take family pictures of us.  He sets the timer on the camera, pushes the button and then RUNS in the picture and quickly tries to look natural.  I sit in front of the camera, trying to make sure the children are smiling, and trying to get Gabe to either come in the shot or stay in the shot.  It can be pretty crazy sometimes, this weekly family picture thing.  But it's definitely worth it.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Beautiful picture of Amalie!

And Brad does a great job-- it never even crossed my mind that he had been booking it back just seconds before your family pics :).