Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Best Friends

 This little doggie is Gabe's best friend.  Brad brought home this little stuffed puppy from a work party and pronounced it a gift for Gabe.  You should have seen his eyes light up, his mouth drop open in amazed surprise, and heard the giggle that echoed from his mouth.  Pure glee. 
He named that little puppy, Brownie and they've been inseparable ever since. Anytime someone brings him Brownie, he makes the cutest noise, "Awwwwww", as though he's seeing the puppy for the first time.   
Oh what a joy this boy is to have around!  He loves to play, and will play for hours on his own.  He has this amazing imagination and will build forts and crazy structures with chairs and my laundry baskets, all the pillows on the couch and blankets.  It's spectacular to watch.  Lately, he has asked me to play with him more and I am happy to oblige.  Unlike some of the other children, he lets me play how I want to play and he lets me be super silly with him.

These are his other best friends- his cars.  I am in awe of how this boy can enertain himself all day long with his stuffed animals and cars and laundry baskets and all the pillow on my couch.  It's really cool (except for the huge mess), but still, the boy is learning and growing.  I love it.

Love this little boy so much.  Even when he's making silly faces, his gorgeous face just kills me.  Oh so beautiful!  Today he woke up from his nap crying.  I held him in my arms, as he clung to me and told me he had a bad dream and was "cared" (scared).  I just sat there, soaking him in, enjoying the amazing feeling of snuggling my little boy.  So grateful for these moments.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

His face really has thinned out from how I remember him! Definitely a handsome little one.

me said...

Gabe is growing up so fast!