This boy has been cracking us up lately. On Christmas Day, when Amalie opened her present from Noah and Gabe, I pointed out that it was from both Noah and Gabe. So Amalie kindly thanked both of them. Gabe looked up when I mentioned it was from him and had a surprised, yet pleased look on his face. I'd forgotten that I hadn't told him I'd used his money to help buy the present. I'd intended to, but once he spilled the beans about Noah's present, I thought I'd better keep it a secret.
Later when Amalie was opening a present from her grandparents, Gabe called out, "Amalie, that's from me!" He looked so proud of himself as though he had actually given it to her. We all looked at him in surprise and laughed. At first, I couldn't understand why he would say that and then I remembered what had happened earlier. So funny! Oh what a great laugh that gave me.
A few weeks back, Gabe and I were snuggling together on the couch. Gabe pointed to my chest and asked, "What's that?" I looked down to see that I was lying in such a way that I was revealing more than intended. I readjusted and then said, "My chest."
"Can I see?" he asked sweetly.
I explained about private parts and how we didn't show anyone our private parts and I even gave him what I thought was a helpful analogy.
In the sweetest voice, and followed with an angelic smile, he asked, "Maybe later?"
I couldn't help cracking up!
Then a few days ago in church, I handed Gabe a picture book about Jesus. He looked at me and asked, "Where did you get this?" I told him and then he held it back out to me and said, "I can't look at it. I'm allergic."
Oh man, I could not stop giggling at that!
What a blessing this little guy is! His personality is coming out more and more. My sister, Lorelle noticed that he can be a bit of a comedian- this was several years back. I've noticed more and more that he is a class clown. He will do anything for a laugh. He is also getting more active and wants to build forts and "cars" and "houses". He gets livid when anyone takes them down and so has taken to asking sweetly if we will please leave them up for him.
Just yesterday, he was being super snuggly, which I love. He asked me for a hug, (one of THE best presents in the world) and when I hugged him, he said "Tighter, tighter!" which is what I say to him on occasion when he is giving me a flimsy hug. We played that all day long, with me getting extra snuggles. I was over the moon getting to snuggle my adorable little boy. None of my kids have been snuggly, but they seem to want more hugs as they get older, thank goodness!
Since he's the youngest, we all think he's the sun and moon and stars. So far it hasn't gone to his head. What a joy this boy is!
|
1 comment:
How cute! I love the little 'giggle-makers' that kids come up with :).
Post a Comment