A few weeks ago, right as I was leaving to go to a meeting, I found Gabe leaning over the bathroom sink, saying he needed to throw up. That was a little odd, so Brad and I kept a close eye on him and I went and got him a bucket. As I was about to leave to go to my meeting, Gabe snuggled up to Brad and started throwing up.
He threw up again after I left, but seemed to sleep okay through the night. But in the morning, he was throwing up again. He seemed okay, except for the fact that he was snuggly with me, which is abnormal.
After an hour or so, he seemed to perk up a little more and I was cleaning the house and needed to take some things out to the big recycling dumpster. Gabe wanted to come, so I motioned for him to follow and while I put in my recycling items into the huge green bin, I saw Gabe stick his hand into the sides where the large green trash truck sticks its claws to grab the dumpster.
"What was that about?" I thought and then Gabe whimpered. I turned to look and saw a wasp in his face. I waved it away and then noticed there were more. So I grabbed his hand and we ran. Gabe continued to whimper and then cry, so as soon as we got back to the front door, I stopped to check him over. He had been stung 5 times by wasps!! One by his eye, three on his right hand and one on his left hand.
Apparently, he'd stuck his hand by a wasps nest. We threw him in the bath, tried to remove the stingers and then covered his stings with baking soda.
This guy was such a trooper. It was a relief that he didn't have an allergic reaction. I called Poison Control to make sure I'd done everything I needed to and it was a relief to know I had. Phew. Poor guy. We made him comfortable on our bed and turned on a movie for him. This was the sweet picture we took. What a guy and what a day!
1 comment:
A few months ago, I was tending to my roses. I was wearing my leather gloves, removed them for a minute, then put them back on. Oh boy, I had the most horrific pain travel from my finger tip up my arm! I removed my hand from the glove and noticed what looked like a rose thorn. I removed it but I felt like my arm whole arm was going numb! To make my long story short, I was stung by a wasp! How, I'll never know, but it sure hurt. Poor little Gabe!
Post a Comment