Once again, this year Noah wanted to participate in the Reflections Art contest and once again, it was done the night before. I'm grateful Brad is always willing to drop everything and help Noah. Noah was so excited with the final product- the theme was "Diversity means . . ." and the children had to fill in the blanks. So, of course, a long discussion between father and son ensued and after a lot of ideas and work (mostly by Brad) they had a bunch of different screws hot glued on a white MDF board. And the theme said, "Diversity means differences, and it CAN be useful."
Noah was SO excited the day he was going to turn in his project. I even drove him to school so his project wouldn't come unglued. he kept asking me, "Mom, do you think I'm going to win?"
Honestly, I had no clue if he was going to win, so I just said that I thought he and Dad did a great job and I hoped he would.
In the coming weeks, he was so excited and would repeat the same question over and over, "Do you think I'm going to win?"
Well, he did win a trophy and was one of thirty finalists that moved on to the district competition. He was Beyond Thrilled.
It was great that Brad was able to make it and cheer Noah on. Huge blessing of having a very short commute. Brad and I looked at each other once again, laughing that once again Noah was rewarded for his procrastination! Oh man. So funny. We also pondered on the fact that Noah seems to win things so often and it occurred to us that today there are a lot more "winners" in general. Whereas when Brad and I went to elementary school, a contest like this may have yielded about 9 winners total, Noah's school had 30 trophy winners and almost as many medal winners. We figured out that with the amount of participants, you pretty much had a 50% chance of winning either a medal or a trophy, whereas our chances had been probably less than 5%. Interesting. I am curious if this is better or worse? Hmm. I will have to think on it! But it was so fun to be there to cheer on Noah and it made me so happy that Amalie was THRILLED for him!!
1 comment:
"Better or worse"
Definitely both. I think 'worse' might be winning in my opinion though.
But 50% winners? That explains why so many of Kyah's friends won too! I was a little surprised when she told me how many got awards.
Good luck to Noah at district!
Post a Comment