But we had no idea we'd get an additional bonus! Lauren finished her mission earlier this month, serving in the beautiful state of Washington and her return flight had a layover in Salt Lake City. So we had the privilege of being the first ones to see her. I got a lump in my throat as I watched her come down the escalator. It seemed that when she saw us, it suddenly hit her that her mission was really over. She became emotional and I did as well, thinking of what a tremendous sacrifice it has been for Lauren to give up a year and a half of her life in service to her Heavenly Father. And to think, she wanted to say longer! Man, she inspires me!
We had a wonderful visit with Lauren as we rode the moving walkways and escalators over and over and over and over and over so the kids (namely, Gabe) would be happy. She is an amazing woman and I am so proud that she is my sister! I gained a lot of wonderful family when I married Brad.
I couldn't help getting excited about the mission(s) Brad and I will serve when our children are grown and gone. A lot of my motivation to get our finances in order stems from that desire. And now that my parents have been called to the Clevelend, Ohio mission, serving in the Church Education System in Akron, I am even more excited.
I am so grateful for missionaries.
1 comment:
Has it really been a year and a half since our kids played in her car in front of your house? Wow time flies. How fun that you got to see her!
Post a Comment