Friday, November 11, 2011

Halloween

The Halloween festivities started about a week before the big event.  We attended our ward carnival, which is just darling.  Brad was working the Cupcake Walk, so I took the younger two kids around to do the different activities. The kids had a blast and Gabe was pretty stoked that people were giving him candy!
Before school started, Noah wanted me to sign up to help at one of the class parties.  I hadn't signed up in the past since transportation was an issue, but this year, I was thrilled to sign up.  Noah wanted me to help out with the Halloween party and I'm glad I did.  It's so fun to go to Noah's class and see all the kids dressed up.  They were all so cute!  And they are still at that fun and friendly stage where they all love to see Gabe and Ami and they say "Hi" to me and love to talk to me.  I love it!!
Halloween day was quite busy for us and we wondered if Brad was going to make it home in time for trick or treating since he had a LOT of work to do.  But he did!  And it was a lovely day, not raining like last year!  We love taking the kids trick or treating.  It is such a blast!  And the kids agreed to our fee for taking them, which was a portion of their chocolate candy, of course. 


We stayed out for a whole hour which was long for us, but the kids were having so much fun, we just couldn't say "No."  They all got A LOT of candy so we let them eat it for a bit, then had them pick 7 pieces to eat however they wanted in the upcoming days, either slowly or all in one sitting, and we took the rest and put it away for a family movie night.  This is the solution we came up with in order not to have our kids gorging on candy constantly for a week.  It seems to work well for our family.

The kids were generous with their candy and offered Brad and I some of our favorites.  This year was different for me in that I only had two pieces of candy.  I didn't want any more than that.  That was the first year I haven't gone crazy over candy.  I think I'm finally progressing in that area! 

While I was getting the two younger kids ready for bed, I heard Brad and Noah downstairs and apparently this was what they were doing.  Have I mentioned how much I love finding fun pictures on my camera?  I really do!  It's such a fun treat.
It was really a sweet Halloween and I love that we can choose to have a sweet, fun day, instead of a spooky, scary day!

2 comments:

lynn said...

You have certainly gotten a lot of mileage out of that wig! Kendra would be proud. Love the pics.

me said...

I was thinking the same thing! Who would of known it still be in use some 15 years later and who knows how old it already was. Talk about a quality wig maker. i never looked so good in it. Way to pull off the "natural" look Brad!