But.
I completely underestimated my parents. They left their minivan at my brother's house, flew home for a week and then flew back the following week so they could get their visit in with my family. What!? I felt so unbelievably grateful to have such amazing parents who show their love in word and action. So very blessed. Especially since shortly after my Mom left, I realized I had eaten off her spoon the night before she got sick. Oops. It was delicious soup, so the day after they left, I caught that nasty bug and was down for a few days. So, it worked out perfectly that when my parents came back, we were all nice and healthy and had lots of energy to PLAY every day!
The second time we had dinner at Smashburger (YUM!) and then went to see a Comedy Sportz show. Super fun as well.
Of course, we played A LOT during the days too! Noah even got to take off two whole days from school. Because it's a Holiday when family comes! We went swimming at the Water park in Lehi that we love, the kids HAD to show my parents an awesome park and we just had so much fun. I love that my parents are so hands-on. They love to play with the kids, which is so fun to watch.
(Amalie had a little incident that involved her running with a stick and falling. Apparently she was in a lot of pain. It wasn't until we stopped for lunch, that I noticed her wrist was swollen. Poor thing. Thankfully she seemed to be feeling better an hour or two later.)
Another part that really made me feel loved was when I got to spend some time with my Dad. We don't often get to connect like Mom and I do. We just ran some errands, but I just love talking and connecting. It's such a blessing that I adore and get along so well with both my parents. I am eternally blessed by their sacrifices.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mom and Dad for coming up!
4 comments:
We need to have a reunion before they leave! Too bad you can't come and visit more knowing they'll be gone for two years.
That's the kind of grandparents we want to be! What treasured time you've all had! I'm so glad!
We loved it Kate. Making memories!!!
It was a lot of fun, it was fun that we got to go out on 2 dates!
Post a Comment