
I love to dance. I'm talking LOVE. And Brad, well, he has a ball goofing off at home with the kids, but in public? Not so much. I knew all this of course, but still thought in our first year of marriage, we could make it fun. So, we went to a BYU casual dance. It went down pretty bad. So, I really hadn't tried since then. Well, ten years later, now that we take turns planning dates, I got an email for the Traditions Ball at BYU. It sounded Amazing. So I talked to Brad about it. I could tell he seemed pretty uncomfortable about the idea, and I hesitated to ask so much of him, but then I realized, "What's the point in planning a date if you don't get to do what you really want to do?" And I wanted Brad to feel free to ask the same of me. So I bought tickets. On the email I received, it said, "Blue Tie" dress. What? I guessed it meant I could wear a church skirt and top. But as soon as I bought the tickets, the confirmation email came back, saying the event was formal. Uh oh. Nothing to wear. So I called my sister. She had some stuff sent up for me. I breathed a huge sigh of relief. I really wanted to get all dressed up and feel adorable. Before that stuff came up, I was at the Ferrin's home, talking about the ball, when Denise suggested I borrow a dress. This gorgeous red number. I knew it wouldn't fit, but Denise really thought it would, so I tried it. Gorgeous! I think every woman needs to feel amazing every once in awhile amidst all the serving we do for our children, husbands and others. My dear friend Alyssa fixed it for me so I could actually wear it without tripping or showing too much. So grateful, since I have zero skills at that kind of stuff! The ball was so much fun. We actually hardly danced. We did hor deurves, photo booth, watched an amazing acapella group, Piso Mojado, watched Divine Comedy and then danced to live swing music. Brad was such a good sport. Seeing him trying for me, made me love him all the more. And he actually had a good time! We are so going next year!

Unfortunately, we didn't bring our camera to the ball, since we didn't realize there would be a place to put our stuff. So we had to re-enact when we got home.
4 comments:
FUN!! I thought about suggesting it, but chickened out. Next year, I'll do it! Red is LOVELY on you.
Jena-That would be so fun to see you there next year. Thanks for the compliment, it's so fun to get all dolled up!
I should sooo make Jared do this next year. You guys look great! And you can't beat that smile on your face :) So glad you had fun.
Sounds like you guys had a great time! I am glad you pushed for it, it is nice to do something that makes you feel like a million bucks (which your smile illustrates)!
Post a Comment