Monday, September 13, 2010

Four: A Three Day Affair-Day One

The day before Amalie's birthday, she celebrated with her friends. Several years ago, I had made limits as to how many friends we could invite to parties, but somehow that fell apart this year. Part of it was that I couldn't resist Amalie's big brown eyes when she would say "But they're my friends! I want to invite them!" So we had a total of eleven kids that day.

We decided to hold most of the party outside, since our house is just not equipped for that kind of crowd. We played classic games like "Duck, Duck Goose", "Red Light, Green Light" and Brad had a fun idea to do shaving cream designs on the kids' arms.

The kids ate chocolaty cupcakes decorated by Amalie & Noah and then we went inside for presents. Amalie loved all of her presents. She lined them up on the table and sat in front of them, seemingly in a trance. Oblivious to her friends kicking around the fifty plus balloons. (Blowing up that many balloons seemed like such a brilliant idea at the time!) It was pretty cute.

We finished off with the famous Ishii fishing game. I think it was a success. Amalie felt loved and had a great time with her friends and adored all her new presents. I'm so grateful that I get to be a part of her life- she is such a true blessing to me. It's strange how she seems so old now that she is four. It's amazing how much quicker the time goes by with your second.




The wall of presents.

No comments: