What an interesting start of the year this was. The last two years have been a little bit traumatic for me. With Kindergarten, it was so hard to have you leave me and know someone else was taking care of you for three hours a day. And with First grade, it killed me again to see you leave for even longer- seven and a half hours each day (almost as long as Daddy!). But now, I think we are used to it and the first day of school was pretty uneventful for both of us. You were slightly reluctant to give up your freedom to run around and play with your friends most of the day, but you were pretty happy once you got to the bus stop. This year, your BF Eli is in your class, which is WONDERFUL.
You have really grown a lot since last year. We had a fabulous day on Monday- the last day of summer vacation. Each morning, we clean for about 1-2 hours and to motivate you and Amalie, I turn on music. The best worker gets to choose the next song. For some reason, this motivates both of you. On this particular day, you decided to be your best self. You were working like crazy. It was incredible. Several times when I asked you to do something, I saw you hesitate, knowing you didn't want to, but then you would quickly say "Okay, Mom," and obey. I was astonished at your self control. All day, you put forth your best efforts to be obedient. I was really enjoying my new robot child. Later that night, you said, "I like being obedient, because I get lots of priveleges," with an adorable little grin on your face. I was glad that lesson had finally hit home.
That night we had a special Family Home Evening. We had a lesson with some "playacting" about "How to be a Good Friend", then Daddy gave you and Amalie both Father's blessings. You were so reverent, with your arms neatly folded against your chest and your eyes closed. It seems that you are really growing up. Afterwards, Brad and I had a back to school present for each of you.
You and Amalie had been eyeing those presents for the last twenty four hours, and just tore into them. Your mouth dropped open in surprise when you saw that it was a Super Mario Bros Wii shirt. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" you exclaimed.
We finished the night off with chocolate covered bananas. What a great day we had. Thank you for giving me such a wonderful day before school started. It's nice to be able to miss you when you are gone. And we really do. Amalie follows me around the house asking to be entertained. She really misses having her built-in playmate and of course sweet Gabe misses you as well.
I sure love you and I look forward to all the progression and growth that will occur this year.
Love,
Mom
1 comment:
What a sweet report. Noah is really growing up. I can't believe he is in 2nd grade already!! Love the shirt too!!
Post a Comment