Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Did It!


"I Did It!" is a favorite catch-phrase of Amalie's and it was how I felt after I made these clippies. Amalies' hair is at that in-between stage where it looks shaggy, but we've got to give it time to grow. I haven't known what to do with her hair since I am completely inept at girls' hair- I can't even braid. It's that bad. So, I was at a boutique with my friends when I saw some clippies like that pictured above and I almost bought them, but then decided to look around a little bit more (at cheaper places). The next day I ran into a gal who makes them for her daughter and she was telling me how easy it was. So, despite my reservations since I am not a crafty person, I tried it and Voila! It was pretty easy. And even kind of fun!

So, this is how I did it:
-Bought huge pack of Alligator clips from Sally Beauty Supply (I still have a bunch if anyone wants some-they come in packs of 100!)
-Got scrapbooking ribbon and accessories from Robert's Crafts
-Glue gun and glue sticks
Then just glue the ribbon, and accessories and that's it.

3 comments:

Geoff and Janene said...

Cute clips. I hear you with the not knowing how to do girls hair. Yikes and I have two! I'm not sure where I'll learn...Megan doesn't even like me to do a ponytail these days.
You're crafty!

Kristi said...

Super impressed, they are darling!

Amy said...

Wow! Good job! Who knew you were so crafty!!
It was great to see you at Alicia's shower last night! I'm so glad you came. Your family is adorable! Thanks for letting me peek at your blog.