Amalie loves to sing! This little fact is exciting to me because I love to sing also! My Mom claims that growing up in our home was a bit like being in a musical, because with three daughters that loved to sing, we were always bursting out into song. And sometimes at inappropriate times, like the time I started singing "You've lost that loving feeling" after Lorelle had broken up with her boyfriend moments earlier. (Seriously, it was unintentional!)
So, since I grew up immersed in song, I have longed for my children to love music also. So, the other day I asked Amalie to sing a song for me and she did. It was kind of a long song, which was really cool. I didn't quite recognize it, so I don't know if it was made up or she was trying to sing an actual song. When she was done, I clapped and told her what a great job she had done. And then she said "Again?"
And I answered with an enthusiastic "Yes!" So she sang again and we repeated the sequence several times over. It was such a sweet moment.
Another thing happened on Monday that made me laugh. On Sunday, Noah had woken up and turned on "The Letter Factory" (her favorite movie) for Amalie. I came down and turned it off and explained that we don't watch movies on Sunday. So, the next day Amalie asked to watch the Letter Factory. Her exact words were "Watch Tad?" (Tad is the little frog in the movie) And I answered "Not right now."
In a sweet voice she asked "Sunday?"
I laughed, realizing that she thought she couldn't watch it because it was Sunday. Sooo cute. Proof that my kids actually do listen to me. What a novel concept!
1 comment:
Was the song about Noah? I thought I heard something about "happy doo dee" and Noah. Cute,cute, cute!
Post a Comment