Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hogle Zoo

 One of the cool benefits of the homeschool program we are in, called MyTechHigh is that there are some neat field trips we get to go on, for a very minimal cost. The first field trip of the school year was to Hogle Zoo and the students were free and I only had to pay $8 for myself.  Since Ian and Serena's family was living with us at the time, the kids really wanted their cousins to come, so I agreed to drive them if their parents wanted to pay for them, so Kaitlyn and Derek got to come with us and we had a BLAST!
 I forget that while I have been to zoos and Wild Animal Parks a number of times, Amalie and Gabe had never been.  So it was fun for them to get up close and personal with some of the animals that they had never seen in real life before.
 I think everyone's favorite was the Bird Show, it was amazing and Amalie wanted to donate money so the bird would take it out of her hand.  Cute.  One of the most memorable parts of this trip was that I had packed some food for us so we could hopefully stay a few hours before everyone getting hungry and having to leave.  So,  I had packed some corn tortillas with melted cheese on it and cut up a huge block of mozzarella cheese into sticks.  Well, it was a hot day and that mozarella kinda melted into a bit of a gross texture, but I didn't want to waste food, so the kids had to eat it, and I told them if they ate all the food and were still hungry, we would stop by a fast food place on the way home and they could each get two things off the dollar menu.  It was funny how they struggled eating those mozarella sticks that were a gross texture.  But they did it! Ha Ha!
 We also got to attend an elephant show, which was A LOT of fun!  And sweet little Andre really liked the animals and would coo over them, he seems to love animals the most out of any of my babies.  What a fun trip!

No comments: