Friday, June 3, 2011

Cub Scout Olympics

I was so excited for Noah to participate in the Stake Cub Scout Olympics. He runs so fast and is such a coordinated guy that I figured he would have a blast. I was able to help out at the 50 Meter dash, and Amalie came along as well.


Noah seemed to be having a great time and I was so glad he got to compete! The stake organized the event really well and while the Judges tallied up the winners, water balloons were launched at the whole group of boys. It was a lot of fun (to watch!). I loved that before they announced the winners, they thanked all of the leaders individually for their help and asked them to pick out treats for themselves. What a great way to teach the boys to show gratitude and help them recognize how much work went into planning this event.


And then the winners . . . I was shocked when it was announced that Noah did the most push-ups of anybody there! I mean, he is in the youngest age group and there were nine and ten year olds as well. But later when he showed me his push-ups, I wondered if he had gone down fully. Who knows?


And then they announced that he was the Winner for the Wolf age group! (8 year olds!) So fun! He was really excited and I was thrilled for him. Really, I was thrilled for all the boys, because whether they were great or not, they all seemed to have a good time, which is supposed to be the point. What great kids. I can definitely learn a thing or two from them.
Here's Noah holding up his ribbon. So much fun!

1 comment:

me said...

You mean here is Noah holding up his arm. Let the flexing begin!