Sunday, April 20, 2008

Amalie's Letter Sounds

Last year, I discovered the Leapfrog Learning videos. I checked out Letter Factory and Word Factory from the library, and I kid you not, within weeks, Noah was reading. It was crazy, because I had worked and worked with Noah on learning letter sounds and such, and he kind of got it, but it wasn't until he watched these videos that it was really solidified for him.

So, since Amalie is an early talker (or at least compared to Noah at that age), Brad and I were talking and he made the great point that if we can teach Amalie animal sounds, why not letter sounds? So we have worked with her and shown her the Letter Factory ($9.99 if you order in the next 10 minutes! Operators are standing by . . .) and now she knows her letter sounds. It is so amazing to watch her learn!

4 comments:

The Ishiis said...

Wow, that is great that Amalie knows her sounds!

papa and bubby said...

Looks like true genius to us. Suggest early application to Harvard!

lynn said...

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. Amazing!!!!

me said...

Kate, unbelievable. Email me ASAP more details. I sooooo want to believe I can do this with Claire and that Amalie is not some baby genius! Seriously, I agree, if I hadn't seen the video I would have doubted she could do so many sounds. This blows Abby's using the toilet at just a few months old away!